As someone has said:
It's not that we don't know enough about Jesus.If we had only one Gospel instead of four:
It's that we know too much!
- We'd know what Jesus did during the last week of His life, and the order in which He did those things.
- We'd know what He said on the cross, how the thieves treated Him, and if He took the drink.
- We'd know who was at the tomb.
- We'd know if the Last Supper was a Passover meal.
- We'd know when He gave the various parts that make up the Sermon on the Mount (or was it on the Plain?)
- We'd know if He healed Malchus' ear.
- We'd know the right version of the Lord's Prayer.
- We'd know what the words of institution were (maybe; there's still 1 Corinthians).
- We'd know what He said in His Olivet Discourse, and where He said it.
- We'd know if He had a long conversation with Pilate.
- We'd know how many blind men He healed.
- We'd know His genealogy.
- We'd know how many times He cleansed the Temple.
- We'd know if the centurion actually spoke with Him or if He started going to the centurion's house.
- We'd know the names of His twelve disciples.
- We'd know how Judas died (unless that one Gospel was Matthew's).
- We'd know who washed His feet with her hair, and whether she anointed His feet or His head, and whose house it happened in.