As someone has said:
It's not that we don't know enough about Jesus.If we had only one Gospel instead of four:
It's that we know too much!
- We'd know what Jesus did during the last week of his life, and the order in which he did those things.
- We'd know what he said on the cross, how the thieves treated him, and if he took the drink.
- We'd know who was at the tomb.
- We'd know if the Last Supper was a Passover meal.
- We'd know when he gave the various parts that make up the Sermon on the Mount (or was it on the Plain?)
- We'd know if he healed Malchus' ear.
- We'd know the right version of the Lord's Prayer.
- We'd know what the words of institution were (maybe; there's still 1 Corinthians).
- We'd know what he said in His Olivet Discourse, and where he said it.
- We'd know if he had a long conversation with Pilate.
- We'd know how many blind men he healed.
- We'd know his genealogy.
- We'd know if his ministry lasted just one year, or two to three.
- We'd know how many times he cleansed the Temple.
- We'd know if the centurion actually came and spoke with him, or if he only started going to the centurion's house.
- We'd know the names of his twelve disciples.
- We'd know how Judas died (unless that one Gospel was Matthew's).
- We'd know who washed his feet with her hair, and whether she anointed his feet or his head, and whose house it happened in.